November
You all remember how last year I did NaNoWriMo, which is where you write a 50,000 word novel in one month? And I did it, because I'm that excellent (well, I wrote 50,000 words. I never actually finished, because I have no idea how to wrap up the story. Never mind). I'm not doing that this year. I considered doing NaSweKniMo which is where you try and knit an entire jumper in November, but I'm halfway through one jumper, and I can't start my next one until I finish either this jumper or the baby blanket I'm making for our friends Chris and Nicola (well, not for them. For their baby which will be here in April). I'm only allowed to make two things at once or else I'd never finish anything.
So instead, I'm doing NaBloWriMo (I think that's right). This is where you write a blog entry every day in the month of November. I know my blogging this year has been rather sporadic. I think of tons of things to blog about, but I never get round to actually writing them down. So hopefully, knowing I have to blog every day will mean I actually do it.
So let's talk about crafty things today, since I already mentioned them. As I said I have two projects at once (just one and I get bored, more than two and I never make any progress). I am currently knitting this jumper, using some green and white wool I got by unravelling an ugly cardigan I bought at the charity shop. I bought it for the wool, I always knew it was ugly. But I will make something pretty from it.
My other project is this baby blanket for Chris and Nicola. Isn't it pretty? That's crochet, and I'm using white wool. The name of the type of wool is Sirdar Snuggly. It's very soft and lovely so hopefully babies will like it.
When I have finished one of those two things (probably the jumper, because it is on big needles and is very easy and is zooming along) I'm going to make a red cardigan. I have the wool already. I bought it on eBay about a month ago, and it turned up last week, having spent weeks sitting in a sorting office. It's sitting by my desk at the moment where I can see it. It's my absolute favourite colour and I found a good pattern (it doesn't look so good in those pictures, but I've seen some other ones that people have made that are better). I think I want to make it a bit smaller on me than the designer did on hers.
Also I have some leftovers of sock wool from the socks I made for myself and for other people. You get quite a lot left over so I should have enough to make more pairs, if I use a contrast colour for the heels and toes. And Mum gave me a cone of cream-coloured wool last time I was in Horsham, so I am set to go. After I finish the other things.
So you see I am very busy! I do most of my knitting/crochet in the evening when I'm watching television. I get bored and fidgety just sitting watching. So crafty things keep me busy, also, they stop me eating all the biscuits, which can only be a good thing (can't eat and knit/crochet! Might get crumbs all over everything). The only difficulty is when Cam wants to help, but he can be quite good when he wants to be. Which isn't always. I must take my camera downstairs and get a photo of him Helping.
OK, that is all for today because it's lunchtime and I'm hungry. Tune in tomorrow for more Very Exciting updates on my thrilling life!
So instead, I'm doing NaBloWriMo (I think that's right). This is where you write a blog entry every day in the month of November. I know my blogging this year has been rather sporadic. I think of tons of things to blog about, but I never get round to actually writing them down. So hopefully, knowing I have to blog every day will mean I actually do it.
So let's talk about crafty things today, since I already mentioned them. As I said I have two projects at once (just one and I get bored, more than two and I never make any progress). I am currently knitting this jumper, using some green and white wool I got by unravelling an ugly cardigan I bought at the charity shop. I bought it for the wool, I always knew it was ugly. But I will make something pretty from it.
My other project is this baby blanket for Chris and Nicola. Isn't it pretty? That's crochet, and I'm using white wool. The name of the type of wool is Sirdar Snuggly. It's very soft and lovely so hopefully babies will like it.
When I have finished one of those two things (probably the jumper, because it is on big needles and is very easy and is zooming along) I'm going to make a red cardigan. I have the wool already. I bought it on eBay about a month ago, and it turned up last week, having spent weeks sitting in a sorting office. It's sitting by my desk at the moment where I can see it. It's my absolute favourite colour and I found a good pattern (it doesn't look so good in those pictures, but I've seen some other ones that people have made that are better). I think I want to make it a bit smaller on me than the designer did on hers.
Also I have some leftovers of sock wool from the socks I made for myself and for other people. You get quite a lot left over so I should have enough to make more pairs, if I use a contrast colour for the heels and toes. And Mum gave me a cone of cream-coloured wool last time I was in Horsham, so I am set to go. After I finish the other things.
So you see I am very busy! I do most of my knitting/crochet in the evening when I'm watching television. I get bored and fidgety just sitting watching. So crafty things keep me busy, also, they stop me eating all the biscuits, which can only be a good thing (can't eat and knit/crochet! Might get crumbs all over everything). The only difficulty is when Cam wants to help, but he can be quite good when he wants to be. Which isn't always. I must take my camera downstairs and get a photo of him Helping.
OK, that is all for today because it's lunchtime and I'm hungry. Tune in tomorrow for more Very Exciting updates on my thrilling life!

3 Comments:
At November 01, 2007 3:35 pm,
Helen said…
Wow I shall look forward to reading your blog every day! The baby blanket is just lovely, it will be a real heirloom for them to keep. I have got tons of buttons including some very big and showy ones so if you need one for your cardy have a look at mine first. Will look forward to hearing about your progress! xoxoxoxo
At November 02, 2007 9:44 pm,
Anonymous said…
Yay!! A blog entry every day!! I was rather shocked to discover two new entries since I had last looked - that never happens! - now I know the reason why :p I shall look forward to reading them all and hearing all about what you are up to :)
And your knitting/crocheting projects are lovely :) You must post pictures when they are done!
At November 05, 2007 11:12 am,
RaisinCookies said…
Perhaps you can teach me how to read knitting patterns? :) I have no clue; all I do is carry on in a straight line for x number of stitches and then start over again.
Post a Comment
<< Home