yeah, yeah
...but at least I've blogged more recently than Amy. Just about.
So how is the kitty, I hear you all cry. Well, he's OK. He went to the vet and they looked him over, and took some blood (he loved that as I'm sure you will appreciate). And when they tested the blood, they told us he had hyperthyroidism, which meant that he would need medication or maybe surgery. But because he's only 4, and hyperthyroidism usually only happens in elderly cats, they tested his blood again, and then sent some off to another lab to check. And the other lab says his thyroid levels are just fine. So it's not that.
Then they gave us some special poorly-cat food, and when he had that, he didn't throw up. As soon as we ran out and he had the normal-cat food he was sick again. So we took him back for a urine sample (don't laugh), and that didn't work out, but we got some more poorly-cat food (a week's worth) and he had that, and now he's back on normal-cat food and seems to be OK. So what it was, we don't know. But hopefully he'll be fine from now on. Except that he's been fighting with a big black cat that lives down the other end of the close; I've had to separate them three times now.
Mum came to visit me for a couple of days while Dad was in the Lake District. We didn't do very much, just hung out, did some knitting, watched some television etc. It was rainy so we couldn't go out for walks or anything much and it was mid-week so I had work to do. But it was lovely as always to see my mummy. Dad dropped in for lunch on his way back from the Lakes a few days later.
Tom has bought a kitten. Her name is Chewie (a Star Wars thing I think). Here is a video of her:
We haven't met yet. Need to go down to Horsham at some point.
In crafty news, I finished Mum's cardigan! And have started a knitted cardigan of my own. Photos to come soon.
And the new kitchen continues apace. The old one has disappeared completely (thanks to Mark and his dad, and a combination of Freecycle and the tidy tip - I mean, the Household Waste Recycling Centre), the floor has been relaid and the tiles and working-top removed. Three of the new wall units are up and various bits of plumbing have been done. Mark and his dad are currently downstairs measuring things. Today I understand they are doing some more plumbing - something to do with waste pipes - and working out where everything goes. Then tomorrow Chris is coming over to put the new working-top in (he has the right kind of saw, apparently) and then I will have a kitchen sink again! Which is quite exciting as currently the only sink in the house is upstairs, which is a bit of a pain.
The washing machine blew up last week, did I mention that? Last Saturday (14th) I went out for the day, I went to a picnic in Bedford with some of my GPDR forum buddies (hello Sarah, Emma, Tamsyn). We had a lovely time, picnicking by the river Ouse, and I got a bit sunburnt (bad). While I was out, Mark decided to do some laundry (good), but the machine got very hot and something burnt out (bad). His father was there for kitchen demolition purposes, so he took all the washing (which was boiling hot apparently) to their house and Mark's mum sorted it out. Most of it was OK, except my red jumper, which melted (very bad =( poor jumper). So we had to buy a new washing machine (bad), but we got a dented one from Comet for cheap (good). It doesn't arrive until next week (bad) so when we were at the in-laws yesterday for Susan's birthday I did a load of washing there (good).
And I think that brings us all up to date. Although I may blog again later if I remember many things, which is likely.
So how is the kitty, I hear you all cry. Well, he's OK. He went to the vet and they looked him over, and took some blood (he loved that as I'm sure you will appreciate). And when they tested the blood, they told us he had hyperthyroidism, which meant that he would need medication or maybe surgery. But because he's only 4, and hyperthyroidism usually only happens in elderly cats, they tested his blood again, and then sent some off to another lab to check. And the other lab says his thyroid levels are just fine. So it's not that.
Then they gave us some special poorly-cat food, and when he had that, he didn't throw up. As soon as we ran out and he had the normal-cat food he was sick again. So we took him back for a urine sample (don't laugh), and that didn't work out, but we got some more poorly-cat food (a week's worth) and he had that, and now he's back on normal-cat food and seems to be OK. So what it was, we don't know. But hopefully he'll be fine from now on. Except that he's been fighting with a big black cat that lives down the other end of the close; I've had to separate them three times now.
Mum came to visit me for a couple of days while Dad was in the Lake District. We didn't do very much, just hung out, did some knitting, watched some television etc. It was rainy so we couldn't go out for walks or anything much and it was mid-week so I had work to do. But it was lovely as always to see my mummy. Dad dropped in for lunch on his way back from the Lakes a few days later.
Tom has bought a kitten. Her name is Chewie (a Star Wars thing I think). Here is a video of her:
We haven't met yet. Need to go down to Horsham at some point.
In crafty news, I finished Mum's cardigan! And have started a knitted cardigan of my own. Photos to come soon.
And the new kitchen continues apace. The old one has disappeared completely (thanks to Mark and his dad, and a combination of Freecycle and the tidy tip - I mean, the Household Waste Recycling Centre), the floor has been relaid and the tiles and working-top removed. Three of the new wall units are up and various bits of plumbing have been done. Mark and his dad are currently downstairs measuring things. Today I understand they are doing some more plumbing - something to do with waste pipes - and working out where everything goes. Then tomorrow Chris is coming over to put the new working-top in (he has the right kind of saw, apparently) and then I will have a kitchen sink again! Which is quite exciting as currently the only sink in the house is upstairs, which is a bit of a pain.
The washing machine blew up last week, did I mention that? Last Saturday (14th) I went out for the day, I went to a picnic in Bedford with some of my GPDR forum buddies (hello Sarah, Emma, Tamsyn). We had a lovely time, picnicking by the river Ouse, and I got a bit sunburnt (bad). While I was out, Mark decided to do some laundry (good), but the machine got very hot and something burnt out (bad). His father was there for kitchen demolition purposes, so he took all the washing (which was boiling hot apparently) to their house and Mark's mum sorted it out. Most of it was OK, except my red jumper, which melted (very bad =( poor jumper). So we had to buy a new washing machine (bad), but we got a dented one from Comet for cheap (good). It doesn't arrive until next week (bad) so when we were at the in-laws yesterday for Susan's birthday I did a load of washing there (good).
And I think that brings us all up to date. Although I may blog again later if I remember many things, which is likely.

2 Comments:
At July 23, 2007 4:54 pm,
Helen said…
Ooohhh lots of lovely blog that wasted 5 minutes of my day, sorry it filled 5 minutes meaningfully of my day. Kitty is good and still wary of mirrors.
At July 30, 2007 7:51 pm,
Anonymous said…
Glad Cam is okay - looking forward to seeing him again at the weekend! And Tom's kitten is sooooo cute!! Our washing machine at home did that once and savaged some clothes, not good .... hope your new one is up and working soon.
Post a Comment
<< Home