beeptwo

Friday, June 15, 2007

All right, all right

Here is a blog entry since I know you all want to read one so much. Although I don't think my life is particularly exciting. This is going to be just random stuff from the last month (sorry, it has been rather a long time, hasn't it).

A few weeks ago I met up in London with Amy, Hannah and Maddy. We had lunch at Wagamama on the South Bank, then walked over the Millennium Bridge and went to St Paul's Cathedral. We looked around and then we went up all the steps to the Whispering Gallery. You're supposed to be able to whisper against the wall and then someone on the other side can hear it. It's probably true, but hard to tell with hundreds of tourists trying it at the same time. Then the others went up more stairs all the way up to the top, but I'm a big wuss so I went back down. When I saw their photos later I was very glad I didn't go all the way up, just looking down from the Whispering Gallery made me feel quite peculiar.

On Saturday morning I gave blood. I hadn't been for a while because I always forget. But on Saturday I got a letter inviting me to a session in Bedford in a couple of weeks, and I looked at the leaflet and saw that they were actually in Flitwick that day, so I went over to the school where they do it and let them have some. I still have a lovely yellow bruise to show for it.

Mark is in good spirits because he recently won an iPod in a Coca-Cola competition. It's a brand new 80GB video iPod and he is very excited. I'm happy too because I get his old iPod Nano. And happy because he is happy of course.

Yesterday Mark went to a trade show in London so he took the train there. He intended to take the train back as well but unfortunately, due to the stunning level of service provided by First Capital Connect, there were no trains at all for his to return on (something to do with signalling problems). The closet he could get was Hitchin, just over the border in Hertfordshire. I had to drive over there and get him (about 35 minutes). Thanks goodness for the satnav; I just typed in Hitchin, selected Railway Station, and off I went. It was still a bit thrilling though as we had a lot of heavy rain and the road the other side of Clophill was flooded in a couple of places. Made it though.

I went swimming this evening because it's Friday. Tomorrow I'm going to Milton Keynes to see Sarah. She's moved from Edinburgh to Coventry so she can easily get the train down to MK, and we're going to have lunch and go round the shops. I've seen Sarah about twice in the last four years so it will be lovely to see her again and have a fun day out.

Cam is good, he's off to the vet on Wednesday for his annual jabs and check-up. His appointment is at 5pm so Mark has said he'll take him. Hopefully there will be less poo involved this time.

Have I posted here about my new kitchen? I'm going to have a new kitchen. The fridge is going to be in the actual kitchen, like normal people, and the sink is going to be in the corner, and some of the cupboards are going to be in different places. It's all arriving at the end of the month so by the time my friends arrive for their annual visit, the first weekend in August, it'll probably all be in pieces everywhere. Hopefully we can have a barbecue.

Have a nice weekend everybody!

5 Comments:

  • At June 16, 2007 9:36 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Aah thanks Anna! I feel much better now I know what's going on in your life.

     
  • At June 16, 2007 9:41 am, Blogger Helen said…

    Hurray! More blog to read - we do miss it you see.... BTW I thought Mark only drank Pepsi?

     
  • At June 16, 2007 6:11 pm, Blogger Anna said…

    He will drink Coca-Cola when Pepsi is unavailable. But he complains about it.

     
  • At June 18, 2007 10:11 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Was really nice to see you at the weekend Moose! Although I believe your statistic was slightly incorrect ... I think it was twice in the last two years and a month :p But still, of course, that is not nearly enough!! I will see you in August - I can actually come this year, yay :) :) ... do you think Mark will allow me to pollute your house by bringing some Pepsi Max with me?

     
  • At June 20, 2007 7:38 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    why would you want pepsi without sugar or caffine? its just flavoured water!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home