Cooking fat.
So this morning the cat needed to go to the vet. I bundled him into his plastic carrying box and off we went in the car to Bedford. The vet was very nice, she gave him two jabs and a worming tablet and checked him over. She says he is fine. So all is good, I load him back in his box and into the car and off we set for home.
On the outskirts of Bedford, he starts miaowing. Then he gets louder and more urgent. I apologise and explain that I can't go any faster (because of a) the speed camera and b) all the other cars) but he keeps complaining, very loudly, until suddenly he stops. And a Very Bad Smell fills the car. I sneak a look and yes, the plastic carry box is now full of cat poo.
So I open all the windows and drive as fast as I can without hitting anything, get home, go straight out the back and open the box. The cat has poo all the way up his back legs and all over his tail. I throw away the cat cushion that is in his box, run inside and grab some kitchen roll and the bleach, then grab the cat, hold him between my legs and spray him with the hose. He is distinctly unimpressed and has now run off somewhere to sulk (the back door is closed so he can't get poo all over the house). I clean out his box with bleach and the hose and leave it to dry.
I hate that cat sometimes.
On the outskirts of Bedford, he starts miaowing. Then he gets louder and more urgent. I apologise and explain that I can't go any faster (because of a) the speed camera and b) all the other cars) but he keeps complaining, very loudly, until suddenly he stops. And a Very Bad Smell fills the car. I sneak a look and yes, the plastic carry box is now full of cat poo.
So I open all the windows and drive as fast as I can without hitting anything, get home, go straight out the back and open the box. The cat has poo all the way up his back legs and all over his tail. I throw away the cat cushion that is in his box, run inside and grab some kitchen roll and the bleach, then grab the cat, hold him between my legs and spray him with the hose. He is distinctly unimpressed and has now run off somewhere to sulk (the back door is closed so he can't get poo all over the house). I clean out his box with bleach and the hose and leave it to dry.
I hate that cat sometimes.

3 Comments:
At June 21, 2006 11:38 am,
Anonymous said…
Glad to see you are keeping busy Anna
www.bitstobuy.co.uk
At June 21, 2006 12:13 pm,
Anonymous said…
Sorry about the cat :-( Was wondering about your interesting title: "cooking fat"? Is it because you want to fry the cat? Love Amy xxx
At June 21, 2006 3:16 pm,
Anna said…
'Cooking fat' is a spoonerism that my dad uses sometimes. The second word should be 'cat'.
Post a Comment
<< Home