beeptwo

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Oh, FFS.

So this afternoon I went out for a walk up to Tesco. Cunningly, I left just before 2pm, thinking that it would be quieter, which it was, but only a bit. And I was quite surprised by how many people I saw who were wearing England strips, had St George crosses painted on their face etc, who were not actually watching the game. But anyway. I got back and opened the back door again and went for a potter around the garden, and found that my greenhouse had fallen over!!!

It's not a proper greenhouse, it's a little plastic one like this one, but it was quite sturdy and I thought I had put it together well, obviously not. Fortunately I had taken half my little plants out and put them on top of the wheely bin to get some fresh air, but some were still in the greenhouse and were now all over the floor. I had to grovel around in the compost in order to get them all back in pots again, but even after only (at most) half an hour in the sun pot-less some of them had shrivelled up and died.

I have put all the pots and seed trays in the row by the wheely bin and left the greenhouse on the floor for now as I am too cross with it to put it back up yet. I guess I will go and do it later.

Grrr.

4 Comments:

  • At June 11, 2006 2:06 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Perhaps a cat (mentioning no names) had jumped on top of it....
    www.bitstobuy.co.uk

     
  • At June 11, 2006 2:06 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Perhaps a cat (mentioning no names) had jumped on top of it....
    www.bitstobuy.co.uk

     
  • At June 11, 2006 2:09 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Has Cam been going walkabouts lately?
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/5067912.stm

     
  • At June 11, 2006 6:23 pm, Blogger Anna said…

    No, while I was out he was in the house, so it couldn't have been Cam! It might have been another cat, though, I suppose.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home