beeptwo

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Preeecisely.

So last night I was doing my crochet and I wanted a DVD to watch. Mark was working so I got down my Jane Eyre DVD which I hadn't actually watched before. If you want to see how this DVD is being targeted to potential purchasers, here is the cover (thank you Amazon):



Yes, that's 'Starring Timothy Dalton', and a great big photo of Timothy Dalton. Where is Zelah Clarke? She is in the background looking stressed.

I think this DVD has some scenes that are missing from Amy's video - there was a bit with Mr Lloyd near the beginning and more scenes at Lowood. Also, this is the only DVD I've seen where you have to turn the disc over. I watched episodes 1-8 and then the DVD stopped, and I was worried because there was only one disc in the box and we hadn't even seen any Riverseses yet. Then I noticed that on the menu it said 'Episodes 9-11, turn disc over'. How odd. I wondered why the disc didn't have a picture on it.

That DVD version of Jane Eyre is the highest-rated one on Amazon - obviously Mrs Thomson (English, Millais) had good taste.

It has been quite cold and rainy today and yesterday. The lawn seems to appreciate it though even if I don't.

2 Comments:

  • At June 14, 2006 5:02 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Can't believe you waited so long to watch Jane Eyre :-) I thought I had commented on the edittedness of the video in my blog, but the only refererence to it that I could find was on Monday 25th July 2005, and I wasn't very indigant. It's a shame that with all those extra minutes included on the DVD that none of them include extra Timothy Dalton :-( Love Amy xxx

     
  • At June 14, 2006 7:49 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I seem to remember that this DVD came from America so perhaps it is a slightly different version. They must know to turn them over there!
    www.beeptwo.co.uk

     

Post a Comment

<< Home