beeptwo

Monday, May 14, 2007

I know, I know, I know

But I forget. I can't help it.

What have I been up to since I last posted.....a few things. Last Monday on the bank holiday I went down to Horsham. It was Dad's 60th birthday so we all went out for dinner. Mark had to work - the college is putting on its shows at the moment and they had to get everything set up for Chess - so I went down on the train in the morning and Mark drove down after work. I got there in time for lunch, then spent the afternoon just hanging out with the fam, knitting, doing Mum's jigsaw for her, and playing Scrabble with Tom. He beat me but only slightly. We also went for a walk to admire Dad's allotment and I saw the new Scout Hut which is looking very shiny. Then Mark turned up and we had a cup of tea and then went into town. We ate at Prezzo on the Carfax, I hadn't been there before, it was very nice. Then Mark drove us home.

Mark has been working on his shows all week so I haven't seen much of him lately. Mum came up to visit on Friday and stayed until Sunday. On Friday we went to see Chess at the college which was very good, especially the lighting (and I'm not just saying that! Honest). On Saturday Mark had to work all day so Mum and I went into Bedford. We went to the wool shop where she gets all the special wool for her tiny jumpers, then we had lunch at Wetherspoons and went round aaallll the other shops. We got home about four, then we watched The Phantom of the Opera with our knitting. We made vegetable cottage pie for tea and watched Eurovision.

On Sunday Mum went home. Mark didn't have to work for once so he had a nice relaxing day sitting in his armchair. I didn't do much of anything either. I had some bits to do in the garden but it has been so wet I haven't had a chance. Never mind they can wait.

2 Comments:

  • At May 14, 2007 5:18 pm, Blogger Helen said…

    Glad you had a nice quiet Sunday and that Mark had a rest.
    xoxoxoxo

     
  • At May 15, 2007 5:47 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yay a new blog post :) Glad to hear you've been having fun. I've not seen my Mummy for ages, since the beginning of March :(

    I was going to tell you I went to see Starlight last night ... I had to go you see, because a girl from my year in Greenway was playing Pearl. She was very good.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home