This is going to get quite long, so I'm probably going to do just part one tonight and then the rest tomorrow. Also I won't put all my photos here, the rest I will put somewhere else, possibly Facebook or make an album somewhere, I don't know.
So - Jen and Ram's wedding! Or rather, weddings, as they had a civil ceremony and reception on Saturday, and a Hindu wedding and reception on Sunday.
On Saturday Mark and I left at about 10:30am, for Coombe Abbey, which is a country house hotel just outside Coventry. It was beautiful and sunny and when we got there, before we could get to reception to check in, we were greeted by Mum and Jen waving at us and shouting hello from Mum and Dad's hotel room window. I went up while Mark checked us in and put away our bags. Mum made me lie on the floor while she did my make-up. My aunt and uncle arrived and came up to say hello, and we waved out of the window at more people arriving.
After a bit the hairdresser and Sima arrived (the hairdresser had been at Ram's parents' house, doing his mum's hair). First she put up Jen's hair and then she did mine and Sima's. The men went down to the bar and we all got changed into our frocks.
About twenty minutes before the ceremony was due to start, Dad came back, and the master of ceremonies came over to fetch us all. Here are Jen and Dad, ready to leave for the ceremony.

We were led across the hotel, and round into another building at the back, which was called the Abbeygate. When we got there Sima and I had to wait for a while whilst Jen talked to the registrar, and then we all waited until everyone was ready. Then Sima and I walked in first, followed by Jen and Dad. Ram was waiting at the front and he and Jen sat on the stage with the registrar. As it was a civil ceremony it was very short but it was still very sweet and I got a bit teary! After the vows and rings Jen and Ram went over to another table at the back to sign the register.

After the ceremony it was time for photographs! So here are lots and lots. =)
The happy couple


Please ignore my uncle

All the parents

Myself, Ram, Jen and Sima

Tom, Jen and I

Aaand that's your lot for tonight, it's getting late so I will post more tomorrow.
So - Jen and Ram's wedding! Or rather, weddings, as they had a civil ceremony and reception on Saturday, and a Hindu wedding and reception on Sunday.
On Saturday Mark and I left at about 10:30am, for Coombe Abbey, which is a country house hotel just outside Coventry. It was beautiful and sunny and when we got there, before we could get to reception to check in, we were greeted by Mum and Jen waving at us and shouting hello from Mum and Dad's hotel room window. I went up while Mark checked us in and put away our bags. Mum made me lie on the floor while she did my make-up. My aunt and uncle arrived and came up to say hello, and we waved out of the window at more people arriving.
After a bit the hairdresser and Sima arrived (the hairdresser had been at Ram's parents' house, doing his mum's hair). First she put up Jen's hair and then she did mine and Sima's. The men went down to the bar and we all got changed into our frocks.
About twenty minutes before the ceremony was due to start, Dad came back, and the master of ceremonies came over to fetch us all. Here are Jen and Dad, ready to leave for the ceremony.

We were led across the hotel, and round into another building at the back, which was called the Abbeygate. When we got there Sima and I had to wait for a while whilst Jen talked to the registrar, and then we all waited until everyone was ready. Then Sima and I walked in first, followed by Jen and Dad. Ram was waiting at the front and he and Jen sat on the stage with the registrar. As it was a civil ceremony it was very short but it was still very sweet and I got a bit teary! After the vows and rings Jen and Ram went over to another table at the back to sign the register.

After the ceremony it was time for photographs! So here are lots and lots. =)
The happy couple


Please ignore my uncle

All the parents

Myself, Ram, Jen and Sima

Tom, Jen and I

Aaand that's your lot for tonight, it's getting late so I will post more tomorrow.

4 Comments:
At April 10, 2007 10:07 pm,
Anonymous said…
I am not very experienced with these things, but is it usual to lie down whilst having make up applied? And if so, what is the benefit of being horizontal rather than vertical? Love Amy xxx
At April 11, 2007 8:33 am,
Anna said…
That's the way everyone does it, didn't you know?
I think it was something to do with the light being better.
At April 11, 2007 7:20 pm,
Anonymous said…
Awwwwww!! Congratulations Jen and Ram! You all looked so pretty :) We want Part 3 !!
At April 11, 2007 7:21 pm,
Anonymous said…
Sorry - just in case any men object to my previous comment, what I meant by "you all look so pretty" is that the girls all looked pretty and the men all looked very smart and handsome.
Post a Comment
<< Home