I think blogging suffers from the same problem as other forms of communication, such as telephone conversations or writing letters; the more you say, the more you have to say, and vice versa. When I don't blog much, nothing seems important enough to write about, but when I blog a lot, I write about all kinds of tosh. I'm sure there's a happy medium there somewhere.
Still working on this wedding cake website. Also some stuff for Telefocus and finishing off the site for that cottage in Wales. So it's busy busy busy. And we're away Thursday and Friday - Mark is taking some students to see Starlight Express in Germany and I get to tag along (officially I think I'm chaperoning the female students, but they're all over 18). We're only going to be away one night.
Further drama with Tom's Christmas present (yes, from last Christmas). I ordered it from HMV in November and it never arrived, in January they finally decided it was discontinued. So I bought one from eBay and Horsham sorting office lost it or sent it back or something. So now the eBay man should be sending it here instead. Tom, it'd better be a damn good game. I expect you to finish it.
Also causing me problems are Amazon, or at least, their DVD stocks. I ordered a DVD box set from them a month or two ago and when I got to the last disc I found it wouldn't play on the DVD player, only on my computer. So I watched it, then sent it back for a replacement. The replacement arrived 2 days later (go Amazon). I nearly just put it on the shelf, then I thought I'd check it, and sure enough, the last disc didn't work on that one either. So I'm sending that one back for a refund. I'm going to wait a few months before I order it again, or maybe put it on my Christmas list now I've watched it all. Pain though.
Still working on this wedding cake website. Also some stuff for Telefocus and finishing off the site for that cottage in Wales. So it's busy busy busy. And we're away Thursday and Friday - Mark is taking some students to see Starlight Express in Germany and I get to tag along (officially I think I'm chaperoning the female students, but they're all over 18). We're only going to be away one night.
Further drama with Tom's Christmas present (yes, from last Christmas). I ordered it from HMV in November and it never arrived, in January they finally decided it was discontinued. So I bought one from eBay and Horsham sorting office lost it or sent it back or something. So now the eBay man should be sending it here instead. Tom, it'd better be a damn good game. I expect you to finish it.
Also causing me problems are Amazon, or at least, their DVD stocks. I ordered a DVD box set from them a month or two ago and when I got to the last disc I found it wouldn't play on the DVD player, only on my computer. So I watched it, then sent it back for a replacement. The replacement arrived 2 days later (go Amazon). I nearly just put it on the shelf, then I thought I'd check it, and sure enough, the last disc didn't work on that one either. So I'm sending that one back for a refund. I'm going to wait a few months before I order it again, or maybe put it on my Christmas list now I've watched it all. Pain though.

3 Comments:
At February 27, 2007 11:42 am,
Helen said…
Why can't you buy things that work first time? I bought some bathroom scales from Argus this week that didn't work when I got them home. OK no problem getting a refund but had to make a special trip into town again. It's the inconvenience that annoys.
At February 28, 2007 7:40 pm,
Anonymous said…
we're a family of grumpy old men
At February 28, 2007 9:48 pm,
Anonymous said…
Its argos not Argus!
Post a Comment
<< Home