Exciting changes chez Waites
Looking back I saw that I hadn't posted a photo of the new and completed kitchen. I was giving it a scrub this morning anyway so I took the opportunity to take some pictures while it was looking clean and tidy (not that it doesn't always. Of course).


As you can see the fridge is now in the actual kitchen, just like normal people have! The sink is in the corner, and there is no draining rack, which means everything has to be washed in the dishwasher. This is of course a damned shame. With the sink in the corner it means there is still plenty of space for cooking etc, provided there is only one person doing it. It is not a two-person kitchen.
The other recent home-improvement regards the living room. The view in through the living room door now looks like this:

I have a sideboard! It's great, especially considering we don't have a mantelpiece. This year I won't have to put my birthday cards around the foot of the Christmas tree.
But where is the fishtank? Here it is:

In the corner on a new stand. Which also means my sideboard is no longer being slowly squashed flat.
And I have one more photo for today. You know how cats run along narrow fences? No one seems to have told Cam about that. He wobbles his way along, with one pair of legs on top of the fence, and the other pair on the horizontal beam about six inches below.

Something not quite right about that cat.


As you can see the fridge is now in the actual kitchen, just like normal people have! The sink is in the corner, and there is no draining rack, which means everything has to be washed in the dishwasher. This is of course a damned shame. With the sink in the corner it means there is still plenty of space for cooking etc, provided there is only one person doing it. It is not a two-person kitchen.
The other recent home-improvement regards the living room. The view in through the living room door now looks like this:

I have a sideboard! It's great, especially considering we don't have a mantelpiece. This year I won't have to put my birthday cards around the foot of the Christmas tree.
But where is the fishtank? Here it is:

In the corner on a new stand. Which also means my sideboard is no longer being slowly squashed flat.
And I have one more photo for today. You know how cats run along narrow fences? No one seems to have told Cam about that. He wobbles his way along, with one pair of legs on top of the fence, and the other pair on the horizontal beam about six inches below.

Something not quite right about that cat.

2 Comments:
At November 02, 2007 7:07 pm,
Helen said…
Oh how we laughed! At the cat that is, not the home improvements.xoxoxoxox
At November 02, 2007 9:48 pm,
Anonymous said…
Your cat is crazy!! Well I knew that anyway (as well as meeting him several times, I recently saw "you're not the boss of my kitty" after looking at your barn dance video!) but really - that's just mad .....
Post a Comment
<< Home