Sunday
Today was a bit of a lazy day. We got up late, then I spent an hour or two finishing up the gardening (and worked straight through 11am without noticing. I usually do that. I'm pretty sure I was silent though). The garden looks very bare now, but at least it's tidy! After I'd finished, Mark strimmed and mowed the lawn, then took all the spare greenery to the tip. Then it was lunchtime, and after that I didn't do a lot. Mostly knitted (knat?) and read. Mark went out for a bit and bought me some new goldfish. He got me two little round ones, one is white and orange and the other is orange with black spots all over it. They don't have names yet, usually by the time I come up with names for my goldfish they've died (I am so good at keeping fish). But any suggestions are welcome.
I started my red jumper. I'm having a few gauge problems though. My stitch gauge was a bit off, so I made a size larger to compensate. My row gauge is off too, though, and I didn't compensate for that, so I think I did the ribbing too long. Tomorrow I think I'm going to have to go through the pattern and work out all the numbers. Ugh. The wool is lovely though and the needle size is giving the effect I want so I'm going to have to adjust the pattern to the gauge rather than the other way round. And I'm supposed to be good at maths so I'm sure I can work it out.
Right, time to go and work on my crochet, drink some tea, and watchEwan McGregor Long Way Down. Tata!
I started my red jumper. I'm having a few gauge problems though. My stitch gauge was a bit off, so I made a size larger to compensate. My row gauge is off too, though, and I didn't compensate for that, so I think I did the ribbing too long. Tomorrow I think I'm going to have to go through the pattern and work out all the numbers. Ugh. The wool is lovely though and the needle size is giving the effect I want so I'm going to have to adjust the pattern to the gauge rather than the other way round. And I'm supposed to be good at maths so I'm sure I can work it out.
Right, time to go and work on my crochet, drink some tea, and watch

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home