beeptwo

Saturday, November 17, 2007

I nearly forgot to blog again - after two weeks I would have thought I'd got used to it by now. But I have been busy today, because Mum and Dad are here for the weekend, so I had to tidy up and get some things done this morning, then they arrived about lunchtime and we had a cup of tea and a toastie, then Mum and I went to the shop in Bedford where she gets all the wool for her tiny jumpers. She found all the colours she wanted so it was all good. She also bought my birthday present, which is a wool-winder to make neat balls of wool. There aren't many places in the UK that sell them but they had one there and yes I know it isn't my birthday for nearly a month.

While we were out Dad and Mark had lots of fun pressure-washing the patio so when we got back everywhere was very muddy. The paving slabs had changed colour though so it seemed to have worked. We tried to order takeaway pizza for dinner but the pizza place was constantly engaged, so in the end we drove up to Tesco and bought some of their fresh pizzas there and also some chocolate cake.

Just now I'm typing on Mark's laptop in the living room, Dad is reading, Mum is crocheting and Mark is looking bored and waiting for me to finish. I've got as far as I can on the red jumper without having to buy some new needles (must order those as some point) so I'm working on the crochet baby blanket. Mum has shown me how to crochet properly (which I don't do, I hold the wool in the wrong hand) and I'm trying to do it but it seems quite fiddly compared to what I normally do. I just need more practise I think but it's frustrating at the moment because it's slow. Once I get used to it though it should be quicker.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home