beeptwo

Friday, September 01, 2006

I'm still here

Just a quick post as I haven't blogged in a while. It's all frightfully dull here.

Roy has passed away. RIP Roy. I really don't know what I'm doing wrong here.

All Mark's auctions finished and we have made a nice bit of cash. I have been to the post office every day this week. Yesterday the lady behind the desk asked me three times if I needed anything else (after she weighed both parcels; after she told me the total; and after I had paid). I was beginning to think I was missing something, like maybe it was 'National Free Stamps But You Have To Ask For Them' Day.

I am reading a book called 'Sophie's Bakery for the Broken-Hearted' by Lolly Winston (I'm sure her name isn't really Lolly). It's a very good book but very sad, especially at the beginning.

I went into Bedford on Wednesday. We needed longer posting tubes than the post office here sells and I wanted a book that the online library system claimed was on the shelf in Bedford. I looked for it and couldn't find it so I asked the lady at the desk and she said it was in the storeroom at the back so she went and got it for me. It's a PG Wodehouse and it was bought by the library in 1963. It has a little envelope in the front for the card index. Someone took it out earlier this year, before that it hadn't been taken out since 1982. No wonder it wasn't on the shelf.

That's about all for today, I might post more later. Swimming night tonight and then homemade pizza for tea.

3 Comments:

  • At September 02, 2006 11:42 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Poor Roy!!!!

     
  • At September 03, 2006 11:21 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I was reading that book too!! (yes, me reading a book!) I got it free with a magazine to take to Budapest with me, but I started reading it on the plane when I was a bit lonely and all scared and worried about going away on my own, which wasn't exactly a great mindframe in which to read a sad book. So I stopped reading it and started on the magazine instead.

     
  • At September 04, 2006 4:16 pm, Blogger Anna said…

    You should finish it, it's a good book, and it gets a lot better about a quarter of the way in when it stops being so depressing! I can understand why you stopped reading it though!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home