beeptwo

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Spot The Kitty Round III



Yesterday I was sitting at my computer working when this went past my window:


The road up thataway isn't a through road, but it must have been going on a visit because it didn't come back past the house until this morning. I like the smell of traction engines, it makes me all nostalgic for Forest School summer fetes.

So I just finished reading the book I gave Amy for Christmas (I bought it for her, she read it and then she lent it to me, I haven't been keeping it). It's called Adele, it's by Emma Tennant, and it's a sequel-ish to Jane Eyre. I thought it was OK but the last chapter was a bit odd. Spoiler box (highlight the text to read it):


The whole book is about Adele, her life, how she saw & participated in the events of Jane Eyre, etc. Then, in the last chapter, we find out that Mrs Fairfax masterminded the whole thing. I mean, WTF? Where did that come from? Either I missed something major as I was reading along or the whole book changed direction at the last minute. I hate it when that happens.


On the subject of Jane Eyre, I saw an advert for the new BBC one last night. Unfortunately I didn't realise what the advert was for until the end when they said 'Jane Eyre. Coming to the BBC this autumn'. If I see it again I will try and pay more attention.

2 Comments:

  • At September 12, 2006 7:20 pm, Blogger Helen said…

    I think he's sitting on your knee in the photograph.

     
  • At September 13, 2006 12:53 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That does sound like a crazy plot. Not convinced myself! btw I still can't find kitty in Spot the Kitty Round 2!! Where was he?

    Have been meaning to say congratulations to Mark Cert Ed :) And you looked very nice at the graduation ceremony Anna - I love your shoes!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home