beeptwo

Friday, December 01, 2006

Shiny shiny shiny

I like coins. They feel all nice and solid and chunky. I especially like coins with different pictures on them, and I always look at my change to see if I've got anything interesting. I don't want to collect coins, though, because a) it's a bit sad and b) I'd rather spend them. So I've decided to make a virtual coin collection of any coins that I think are cool.

I spent some time trying to take photos of these, but there is basically no natural light today and the flash kept making the coins disappear (seriously) so in the end I just stuck them all in the scanner. And they came out really nice.


This fifty pence piece wishes to inform the public that Mr Johnson's dictionary was first published in 1755.



Sort of a celtic thing going on here.



And here's a nice bridge. Which bridge is it, does anyone know? The Forth Bridge maybe? Tower Bridge? I don't know any other famous bridges.



I know this is the normal £2 coin design but I like it. I think I read once that the pattern in the middle is the pre-industrial age, the cogs are the industrial age, after that the pattern is transistors for the computer age, and round the edge the mesh design is for the internet age. I just think it's pretty.



And finally, Mr Brunel. Who seems to have a cigar growing out of the side of his face.


In other news, Mark is currently at the dentist having a root canal. He had a couple of fillins last week and has been in pain ever since as it just wasn't settling down. He went back on Tuesday and they booked him in for the root canal in a fortnight, but yesterday he decided he couldn't wait that long so he has gone back today. Don't worry I am being very nice to him and making him nice soft things for his tea.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home