Random thoughts
If I had a bar I would call it Fubar.
If I had a band I would call it Universe of Discourse.
Mark is outside painting the shed. Soon it will be lovely and brown (instead of a bit manky and brown). Then we will need to get some new window panes for it as one of them has a big hole in.
If I had a band I would call it Universe of Discourse.
Mark is outside painting the shed. Soon it will be lovely and brown (instead of a bit manky and brown). Then we will need to get some new window panes for it as one of them has a big hole in.

4 Comments:
At July 25, 2006 8:56 pm,
Jennifer said…
That's a bit complicated. Does it mean that a database can be called a Universe of Discourse. In that case, I deal with many such universes on a regular basis. Is that the correct plural?
At July 26, 2006 3:44 pm,
Anna said…
I think the UoD is more of a logical construct than a physical thing (as much as databases are physical). We used the phrase in a predicate logic course I did at uni.
At July 27, 2006 2:09 pm,
Helen said…
uuuuhhhh?????
At July 27, 2006 6:34 pm,
Anna said…
The Universe of Discourse is just the set that contains everything, if I remember correctly. So if, in your logic, you are talking about a particular set of things, then that set is a sub-set of the Universe of Discourse. I just like the phrase.
Post a Comment
<< Home