Bloody dentists
So I was pleased because I finally got round to ringing the dental surgery near our house and they were willing to take me on as a new NHS patient. And today off I went for a checkup. I hadn't seen a dentist in 3 years but nothing seemed to be wrong so I was quite cheerful. The dentist was one of those Asian women who look like they're about 15 years old and come up to my shoulder (and I'm not particularly tall). She poked about in my mouth and took a couple of x-rays and then told me the dreadful news.
I need a filling.
Apparently my two back teeth on my left-hand side have cavities in them. At the top it just needs cleaning, but the bottom one needs a filling in it. This will take half an hour and cost me £70 (!!!!eleventyone!). I have to go back next Tuesday.
Mark is now refusing to go to the dentist (well, he was refusing before, now he says he's definitely not going), because he hasn't been for nearly 10 years and he can't afford to have any work done.
I need a filling.
Apparently my two back teeth on my left-hand side have cavities in them. At the top it just needs cleaning, but the bottom one needs a filling in it. This will take half an hour and cost me £70 (!!!!eleventyone!). I have to go back next Tuesday.
Mark is now refusing to go to the dentist (well, he was refusing before, now he says he's definitely not going), because he hasn't been for nearly 10 years and he can't afford to have any work done.

1 Comments:
At July 12, 2006 9:41 pm,
Anonymous said…
Oh dear Anna, it gets to us all at some point. £70 seems an awful lot for NHS work. I suppose that includes the check up and x-rays as well. You just have to get it done or they will only get worse and then get painful. And I thought we paid for that stuff to be painted on to stop you getting decay?
What you need to do is get pregnant then you don't pay for dental work. A bit drastic to save £70 admittedly.
Mum (doubly published author ok I won't mention it again)
www.bitstobuy.co.uk
Post a Comment
<< Home