It's raining, it's pouring
I have been working all morning and just when I stop for lunch and think I will go and eat outside, it starts raining. Yes we need the rain at the moment, but couldn't it have waited half an hour?
I listened to The Woman In White this morning. There's one bit at the end of Act 1 that I find quite annoying. Walter Hartright sings:
'It's clear that you don't need me
Your sister was quite right
I leave for London now'
And every time I expect him to sing 'I leave tonight!', but he doesn't, the verse stops there. Irritating. The rest of it is OK though. =)
I just went out in the rain and took some pictures (it isn't raining very hard and it is still quite warm so it was all right). So here is a Garden Update.

My hanging basket, beautifully fixed to the wall by my ever-loving spouse. There is a trailing geranium in there, and a petunia, and some lobelia, and some other things that I don't know the names of but they are pretty.

The flowerbed at the front of the house as it is looking quite pretty at the moment. It has busy lizzies, marigolds and roses. Everything I plant at the back of the bed dies so I have put a line along the front of the bed instead. There's a hydrangea there as well but it isn't flowering yet.
When Mark's parents were here at the weekend they brought with them a lot of plants for our garden. This is because Mark's Nan gave him them for his birthday. In practice, she gave Brenda the money and then she went and bought the plants for us, the delay being because they went on holiday. So here are the new plants:

The little ones are hebes, I forget what the big one in the middle is. Some kind of evergreen.

A hosta

A perennial aster

A perennial geranium

An astilbe, according to the ticket

A delphinium. It has one flower spike that is tied to the cane, but I don't know if it'll fall off because Livvy accidentally trod on it. It still looks quite green though.
And some existing plants:

My sweetpeas are about to flower (oooh)

And my pansies have already done it (aaah)
Also thanks Mum for the comment about aphid spray, I didn't know you could get such a thing, I now have some and it has already worked wonders on the rhubarb, tomato plants and my big white daisy.
I listened to The Woman In White this morning. There's one bit at the end of Act 1 that I find quite annoying. Walter Hartright sings:
'It's clear that you don't need me
Your sister was quite right
I leave for London now'
And every time I expect him to sing 'I leave tonight!', but he doesn't, the verse stops there. Irritating. The rest of it is OK though. =)
I just went out in the rain and took some pictures (it isn't raining very hard and it is still quite warm so it was all right). So here is a Garden Update.

My hanging basket, beautifully fixed to the wall by my ever-loving spouse. There is a trailing geranium in there, and a petunia, and some lobelia, and some other things that I don't know the names of but they are pretty.

The flowerbed at the front of the house as it is looking quite pretty at the moment. It has busy lizzies, marigolds and roses. Everything I plant at the back of the bed dies so I have put a line along the front of the bed instead. There's a hydrangea there as well but it isn't flowering yet.
When Mark's parents were here at the weekend they brought with them a lot of plants for our garden. This is because Mark's Nan gave him them for his birthday. In practice, she gave Brenda the money and then she went and bought the plants for us, the delay being because they went on holiday. So here are the new plants:

The little ones are hebes, I forget what the big one in the middle is. Some kind of evergreen.

A hosta

A perennial aster

A perennial geranium

An astilbe, according to the ticket

A delphinium. It has one flower spike that is tied to the cane, but I don't know if it'll fall off because Livvy accidentally trod on it. It still looks quite green though.
And some existing plants:

My sweetpeas are about to flower (oooh)

And my pansies have already done it (aaah)
Also thanks Mum for the comment about aphid spray, I didn't know you could get such a thing, I now have some and it has already worked wonders on the rhubarb, tomato plants and my big white daisy.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home